Monday, March 25, 2013

Still my Guitar Gently Weeps

March 25, 2013

I saw the Cirque Du Soleil "Love"  show on Thursday and my life has been transformed. So with millions of other people I decided to become a blogger. I have so many ideas and thoughts in my head right now and so this seemed like a good medium for that.  I've attempted this in the past and got terribly bored. Not to say I won't again. It's possible I have too many plates in the air. I've begun writing my story/book about Jerry and also begun painting. Of course, in both places I have no idea what I'm doing. Let's pass it off to raw talent! HAH! 


I thought I was going to begin Art Journaling, but I am finding that it feels more like scrapbooking and that's not what I want to do. Here is my first one.  
This was my beginning of my Beatle tribute. This was done before I saw the show. I didn't use any paint in this one, just some art pastels and stickers. Slowly I began to experiment with watercolors.
Again, this isn't what I want to do. Maybe I just need more time or a new approach. Maybe. This one did not turn out how I wanted. I had this idea to have all these coloful stripes all around the paper. But then I tried to fill the page with watercolor and then it was all over. The page that is. So I found an old Rolling Stone magazine and went nuts. It's a mess.

So I began reading art tutorials on the internet. I'd like to at some point take an art class. I just can't afford it at this point. I found a tutorial on how to paint a poppy.

I love poppies and again, I looked at other paintings on the web and started to get inspired. I like painting the flowers...I just need to learn how to add depth to them.  I suppose I have to start somewhere! 


No comments:

Post a Comment